Rhomberg Rail Australia (RRA) is one of the largest self-delivery rail companies in Australia. We operate across all states and have state-of-the-art rail maintenance and construction equipment. Rhomberg has invested extensively in new plant and equipment solely for the Australian market. We have over 200 employees with office locations in Sydney, Newcastle, Rutherford, Queensland and Western Australia.
Rhomberg Rail Australia has in house capability to deliver:
- Resurfacing –an extensive fleet of high production rail bound equipment operated by teams of highly skilled and experienced professionals
- Track Construction –with fully equipped and resourced track construction crews capable of delivering all works associated with new rail infrastructure construction and renewal
- Track Maintenance –multiple track crews trained and resourced to carry out periodic maintenance works including CWR, track adjustment, and welding. As the provider of maintenance services to Pacific National in Eastern Australia, we have inspection, maintenance, and response crews across the Eastern Seaboard
- Rail Structures – a dedicated team with extensive experience in the construction and repairs of rail bridges and structures, including retransoming and associated works. Additionally, we have fully qualified demolition supervisors and are licensed to carry out rail demolition works.
- OHW - Design Review -- During design delivery phase, RRA can provide constructability review comments on the OHW design package, to cover possible installation cost, time saving, installation staging and also possible design errors. Such arrangement can resolve installation issues earlier and minimise the need to update OHW design post IFC stage.
- OHW Wiring Installation – RRA can provide a “one stop shop” approach to OHW installation, disciplines we offer include;
- Underground cabling
- Structure and supports installation
- Earthing and Bonding
- Overhead conductor installation
- Registration and commissioning
- Rhomberg Rail Australia’s philosophy and successful growth strategy has always focused on the following principles:
- Safe and high-performance delivery.
- Tailor made and cost-efficient solutions based on customer needs.
- A whole of life cycle approach to design and delivery.
- A culture of continuous improvement.
- A pioneering spirit – not following others.
Rhomberg Rail Australia operates under OHS&R Management Systems through our parent, the Rhomberg Group. This is administered through the Group Quality Manager in accordance with EN/ISO 9001:2008 requirements. RRA is an accredited Rolling Stock Operator in NSW, Queensland and South Australia under the Rail Safety Act and conforms to the National Model for Rail Safety.
To meet the requirements of accreditation, the corporate Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems of Rhomberg Rail Australia are assessed against the appropriate ISO Standards, being ISO 45001, 9001, and 14001 respectively. As all the activities of Rhomberg Rail Australia are carried out in the rail corridor, the company systems are fully compliant with AS4292. This is to ensure that each management system is applied consistently within the organisation.
Brisbane’s new underground rail line
Rhomberg Rail Australia (RRA) is proud to support delivery of the Cross River Rail project, Brisbane’s new underground rail line.
Cross River Rail will unlock the bottleneck at the core of the Southeast Queensland rail network and enable a turn-up-and-go transport system. It is a critical public transport infrastructure project which will improve quality of life, help the economy keep growing, generate thousands of jobs, and activate urban development.
RRA will construct the track slab within the Cross River Rail tunnels. A total of 11 kilometres of ballastless track slab will be built underground, adopting a combination of specialist systems including floating track slab.
RRA has worked closely with sister company RKR Engineering to design, manufacture, test and commission two specialist concrete placement units. These will pump and place the fibre-reinforced concrete needed for track slab formation in each tunnel. The machines have been assembled, tested and commissioned ready for delivery to the project in early April.
Work is underway on the project with the first stage of flashbutt welding works and the first of two ballastless test tracks successfully completed. Assembly and testing of the two new purpose-built remote controlled telescopic mobile FST gantry cranes has started, ready for the upcoming installation of the 7.5 tonne floating slab track blocks.
The team has worked hard amid the pandemic and recent flood events. Now tests are complete, ballastless track slab construction is planned to commence in May 2022. The entire Rhomberg team is extremely excited to be a part of this game-changing project.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribing to our newsletter is worth your while: For every new subscription to our newsletter, we’ll plant a tree together with our climate protection partner PLANT-MY-TREE®.*
* ) The promotion period lasts from 01.01.2022 to 31.12.2022. In the spirit of sustainability, we will plant a tree for the first 1000 new newsletter subscribers who have subscribed to our newsletter for at least three months. The promotion is only valid once for each subscriber and not available to Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group employees.
Monthly Highlight: Switzerland
Sersa - Rail in focus, Switzerland in the heart
Monthly Highlight: Germany
Rhomberg Sersa Deutschland (RSD) has been active on railway construction sites of all sizes for public and private railways in Germany for decades.